Searching...

David Platt and the drama of England and Belgium’s last World Cup clash | Stuart James

12:14 AM
The two sides met in the last 16 of Italia 90 in Bologna, when the game was settled by a late, late intervention from a substitute

Paul Parker, England right-back On the day of the game Gazza was playing tennis against an American couple at the team hotel. That kept him occupied. I think he’d had a swim and a sauna as well – things that you were not supposed to be doing, but that was Paul. He was a total one-off. He never slept. His whole purpose in life was to communicate with people, that’s all he wanted to do.

Peter Shilton, England goalkeeper There was quite an atmosphere in Bologna. I remember walking out before the game, looking at the stadium and thinking how beautiful and unique it was. There was that brickwork around the tower inside the ground. It felt different to anywhere I’d ever played.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/2tL1Rxp

0 comments:

Post a Comment